Project Support Including Mechanical, Electrical, & Plumbing Systems
J.S. Held provided support on the renovation of a 5-story, 45,000 square-foot historic building in New York City. Originally built in 1894, the building was a public school until 1956 and eventually transformed into a school for visual and performing arts.
The project involved the preservation and/or reinstallation of original building materials, including plaster walls, wood handrails, doors, stained glass, escutcheons, and other architectural elements. The project scope included replacement and modernization of all MEP systems and finishes.
New fire alarms, sprinklers, and security systems were all required. The existing building was expanded with a new 15,000 square-foot addition with a curtain wall construction and a main entrance/lobby featuring a glass canopy. Final construction included four performing arts spaces, various visual art spaces, and a clinic.