2014 - 2017
J.S. held oversaw the renovation of a 5-Story, 45,000 square foot historic building in NYC. Originally built in 1894, the building was a public school until 1956. Eventually it transformed into a school for visual and performing arts. Project includes preserving and/or reinstalling original building materials, including plaster walls, wood handrails, doors, stained glass, escutcheons, and other architectural elements. The project scope included replacement and modernization of all MEP systems and finishes. New fire alarm, sprinkler, and security systems were all required. The existing building was expanded with a new 15,000 square foot addition with a curtain wall construction and a main entrance/lobby with a glass canopy. Final spaces include four performing arts spaces, various art spaces, and a clinic.